Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hide Entry From Add Remove programs

Hello,


Today my topic is interesting if you want to hide your software entry from control panel->add remove programs than this trick will helpfull to you. I think there are some types of trojans or keyloggers are available on internet which hides itself from Add remove programs list. 
So, just follow the steps
1. Open run
2. Type regedit.exe

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE-> Microsoft-> Windows-> CurrentVersion->Uninstall->for e.g I want to hide entry of VLC media player so I am choosing VLC Media Player ->On the right side as shown in below image

4. Double click on "Display Name" String 
5. As you can show Edit string named dialog box will open and delete the Value data which  here is "VLC Media Player 1.1.2" in my example.
6.Press ok and refresh registry by pressing F5 

Open Control panel->Add remove programs-> there will be no entry of  VLC Medial player.

Thats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment